- 2 bags Brussels sprouts
- 3 beets
- 3 turnips
- 3 carrots
- 1 onion
- 1/4 c ghee, melted
- 3/4 c olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Cut the vegetables all 1/8 in thick.
- Mix the ghee and olive oil together, and coat all of the vegetables.
- Arrange the beets on their own separate cookie sheet (because they will stain the other veggies!)
- Arrange the other vegetables on a cookie sheet evenly.
- Cook for 25 minutes, then stir the veggies and swap the trays (top to bottom and vice versa).
- Cook for about another 20 minutes, or until the edges are slightly charred.
- While the veggies are in the oven, use a tablespoon of olive oil and cook the onion on a stovetop for about 10 minutes.
- Once the vegetables are done, take half of the turnips and the onions and blend them in a food processor until smooth.
- Serve the roasted vegetables on top of the caramelized onion purée, and season generously with salt and pepper!