Happy Cinco de Mayo, friends! I have the PERFECT recipe for you today – a Whole30 and paleo TACO SALAD! Mexican is my all time favorite cuisine of food… I could literally eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. (Ok, I do…) This taco salad is definitely a go-to in our home! It is super filling, delicious, and Whole30 approved.
I have a standard cilantro lime vinaigrette that I use for taco salads normally, but I’m always up for something new! The Paleo and Whole30 approved Green Goddess Dressing Recipe is insanely good!! I know you’re going to love it.
Below, you’ll find recipes for taco seasoning, taco meat, taco salad, and an amazing Green Goddess dressing! All of these individual pieces combine to create one incredible and flavor-packed salad!
To make this taco meat, start with 2 lb ground beef (I use @_prebrands Ground Beef!)
• Mix 1 batch of the Taco Seasoning recipe found here.
• Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Put ground beef into the skillet. Cook while stirring until the beef is completely browned, 7 to 10 minutes.
• Pour entire taco seasoning mixture and ¼ c water over the beef and stir. Bring to a simmer and cook until the moisture absorbs into the meat, about 5 minutes. Do not overcook, as the meat will dry.
• 1 head of romaine, chopped
• Pico de gallo (tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt)
• Fried plantains (slice and fry in olive or coconut oil until golden on both sides)