You guys are going to LOVE these Whole30 + Paleo Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes…. NOM! I made them this week for some dear friends who came over, and everyone (including SIX kids) loved them!
Earlier this year, Lauren of The Rosewater Edit and I created this delicious Whole30 + Paleo Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe! She came to me with the idea, I whipped up the recipe, and it was a collaboration made in heaven! We kept it really clean, using cashews for that extra creaminess- it’s divine!
You know my mantra is that sauces and flavor are what MAKE a Whole30! When I first did a Whole30 in June of 2014, there were NO brands making Whole30 approved sauces. None.
Now I’m SO thankful for how much easier Whole30 is with approved, ready-made sauces from Tessemae’s!
This buffalo chicken recipe is SO EASY. You basically throw all of the sauce ingredients in a blender, mix in chicken, and throw it all into some baked sweet potates! Your entire family is going to love this recipe, and I know you’re going to make it over and over!
You can get creative with the toppings- we’ve been topping them with green onions and extra roasted, salted cashews for some crunch!
- 6 Sweet Potatoes
- 10 oz cooked, shredded chicken (about 3 cups)
- 14 oz cashews, roasted and salted (plus more for topping, optional)
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp gelatin (If you don’t have this, you can make it without!)
- 1 cup Tessemae’s Buffalo Sauce …or more if you like it spicy!
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh chives, chopped (plus more for topping, optional)
- Water, if needed
- Preheat oven to 425. Poke each sweet potato with a fork a few times to allow steam to escape. Wrap Sweet potatoes in foil and cook on a baking sheet for 45 min-1 hour, depending on the size. Remove from the oven when the potatoes are soft when pierced with a fork.
- Blend cashews, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, full fat coconut milk, gelatin, Tessemae’s Buffalo Sauce, mayo and spices in a blender or food processor until smooth. If needed, add water 1 T at a time until smooth.
- In a large bowl, mix the buffalo sauce and shredded chicken. If you didn’t just cook and shred your chicken, you can add all ingredients to a pot and warm over low heat.
- Slice the baked sweet potatoes in half lengthwise and stuff with your buffalo chicken!
- Top with sliced green onions and salted cashews, optional.
- Tag posts of your dip with hashtag #buffalochickdip
Note: this recipe is not sponsored by Tessemae’s, but they are super generous and do send me sauces to try occasionally! Thanks Tessemae’s!