- • 4 chicken breasts (about 5 lbs of chicken)
- • 1/2 cup olive oil
- • 1 cup dates
- • 1 head of garlic, whole cloves
- • 1 cup pitted prunes
- • 1/4 cup dried oregano
- • 1/2 cup pitted Spanish green olives w ¼ c juice
- • 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- • coarse salt & pepper to taste
- • 1/2 cup capers with bit of juice
- • 6 bay leaves
- • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- • 1/4 cup white wine vinegar (yes, it’s approved!)
- • 1/2 cup red wine vinegar (yes, it’s approved!)
- • cauliflower rice
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients except the red and white wine vinegar. Cover & allow to marinate, refrigerated, overnight. [You’re welcome to skip this step if you’re in a hurry, but the chicken won’t be as flavorful!]
- Preheat oven to 350. Put the chicken in a single layer in a large baking pan and spoon marinade over it evenly. Pour both red and white vinegars on top.
- Bake 50 min. to 1 hr, basting frequently with pan juices. It is done when the chicken juices run clear yellow, not pink.
- With slotted spoon, transfer chicken, prunes, olives, & capers to a serving platter. Pass remaining pan juices in sauceboat. You can serve the sauce as is or reduce on the stove for a thicker variety.
- Serve over cauliflower rice.
Can easily be made in an InstantPot– just throw all ingredients in and click the Poultry setting (or 20 min on high).