There’s something about the comfort of mashed potatoes… They are on the table of almost every single extended family meal. So of course I had to make a paleo mashed potatoes recipe so I could still enjoy these family get togethers, especially when I’m on a Whole30.
At the end of the day, what’s going to make your Whole30 (and life after Whole30!) sustainable are two things: simplicity and going back to your roots, whatever they are! Embrace what you love eating and learn to make it Whole30 approved! So if you’re Southern like I am (and even if you’re not! 😉 you’re going to LOVE these paleo mashed potatoes!
This is THE ideal Southern meal. If I put this plate in front of any Southerner, they wouldn’t have any idea it’s Whole30 approved. As it should be!! You won’t believe how simple every single recipe here is. Make the recipes you love work for you.
These paleo mashed potatoes are pictured with:
• Coat rainbow carrots in ghee, fresh thyme, salt and pepper. Roast in the oven until tender.
• Roast in a pan with ghee, salt and pepper. Make sure they are green and crispy!
• Cut up any kind of apples, cook in a pan with ghee, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt.
- 5 lb bag of potatoes
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- Salt to taste (we use 3 T kosher salt, use less if you’re using table salt)
- 1 t pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 c ghee, melted
- Boil potatoes then mix potatoes and all other ingredients in a mixer.