- 2–4 pounds chicken (breasts or thighs)
- 16 oz apricots (roughly 2 1/4 c)
- 1/2 c water
- 1/2 c balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1 T rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 t salt + pepper to taste
- Blend all ingredients except the chicken together until smooth. I have a 9-cup food processor, and I had to do it in 2 batches to avoid splashing. If you’re one of the lucky ones out there with a high tech blender like a Vitamix, I would use it for this recipe.
- Pour the sauce into a large saucepan. Place the chicken on top, and stir slightly to coat the chicken.
- Cook on medium high for 2-3 minutes to brown one side.
- Flip the chicken, put a lid on the pot (important!!) and turn down the stove top to medium low and cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn the stovetop off but keep the lid on for 10 more minutes- NO peeking!
- Once it’s done, stir the sauce. This is your gracy/ sauce for your chicken. Serve each breast with a generous portion of the sauce.