Once you’ve gone down the road of both cloth diapering AND making everything in your home yourself, there’s just no product you don’t want to try to make!! If you’re in that boat, you will LOVE making your own homemade cloth wipe solution! For one, diaper wipes can get really expensive when you consider how many diapers you change a day for 2-3 years… Especially if you’re like me and you want to use only products without harsh and toxic ingredients. It’s so nice knowing exactly what’s going on your baby’s skin. If your baby has sensitive skin or is having trouble with skin reactions because of traditional baby wipes, this solution is perfect for you! Because the ingredients in this homemade cloth wipe solution are only the purest and healthiest for your baby’s bum, it should help calm her skin right down.
Below you’ll find my personal favorite homemade cloth wipe solution recipe, which is kind of a mixture of a lot of different recipes I found online, and then below I’ll tell you how to use it!Print
- 2 T olive oil or other oil (almond, jojoba, fractionated coconut)
- 1 T castile soap or baby shampoo
- 4 drops melaleuca essential oil (also called tea tree oil)
- 8 drops lavender essential oil
- 3 C warm water
- Using only a glass or stainless steel bottle, add all ingredients with a funnel, then shake to combine.
- Shake before each use.
- To use on your baby, spray on a cloth wipe and wipe away! You may also spray directly on a baby’s bum if they don’t seem to mind!
Use only high-quality, therapeutic grade essential oils on your baby.