- 4 1/2 cups shredded, diced chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped Red Onion
- 1/4 cup chopped Celery
- 1 cup chopped Pecans
- 1 cup halved red grapes
- 1 ¼– 1 ¾ cups sweet honey mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Mix the salt and pepper with the mayonnaise (click for the recipe for sweet honey mayonnaise ).
- Add the chicken to the mayonnaise.
- Chop up the red onion, celery, pecans, and grapes. These can be cut as small or big as you prefer, then add them to the chicken and mayonnaise mixture.
- Mix until combined. Store in the refrigerator, serve chilled.
I’m more of a grape and pecan fan in this salad, so the celery and red onion just complement and give a little crunch. Really you can use whatever measurements of any of these ingredients depending on your preference.
***In order to make this recipe Whole30 Approved, instead of the sweet honey mayo, use my recipe for olive oil mayonnaise . Add 1/2 c dried, pitted dates and blend in food processor to make “Date Mayo.” Use date mayo instead of the “sweet honey mayo.”***