I’ve been a fan of the America’s Test Kitchen show for a long time! And of course, I’m an NPR nerd and love the radio show as well… Bridget and Julia are the hosts of the America’s Test Kitchen tv show. Bridget is also a regularly appearing guest on the radio show the Splendid Table, that I’ve listened to for years!
It was a treat to be able to look through their gorgeous new cookbook and share this delicious recipe with you! There are SO many delicious recipes to choose from. Some that I’m dying to make are:
This One Pan Roasted Chicken and Root Vegetables recipe was to. die. for. It’s fairly simple, but packed with flavor!
Be sure to head over to my Instagram @oliveyouwhole, where I’m giving away TWO copies of this gorgeous cookbook! Enjoy!Print
- 12 ounces Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 12 ounces red potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 shallots, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into 2-in lengths, thick ends halved lengthwise
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (I used olive oil)
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 3/4 teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon sugar (I omitted)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 1/2 pounds bone-in chicken pieces (2 split breasts cut in half crosswise, 2 drumsticks, and 2 thighs), trimmed
- Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and heat oven to 475 degrees.
- Toss Brussels sprouts, potatoes, shallots, carrots, garlic, oil, 2 teaspoons thyme, 1 teaspoon rosemary, sugar, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper together in bowl.
- Combine melted butter, remaining 2 teaspoons thyme, remaining 1 teaspoon rosemary, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in second bowl.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
- Place vegetables in single layer on rimmed baking sheet, arranging Brussels sprouts in center.
- Place chicken, skin side up, on top of vegetables, arranging breast pieces in center and thighs and drumsticks around perimeter of sheet. Brush chicken with herb butter.
- Roast until breasts register 160 degrees and drumsticks/ thighs register 175 degrees, 35 to 40 minutes, rotating pan halfway through roasting.
- Remove sheet from oven, tent with aluminum foil, and let rest for 5 minutes. Transfer chicken to platter. Toss vegetables with pan juices, season with salt and pepper to taste, and transfer to platter. Serve.
*To make entirely Paleo, omit sugar, use olive oil in place of vegetable oil, and use ghee in place of butter.