This Hatch Green Chili Pork Carnitas Recipe just might be one of my top 5 recipes I’ve ever made! The bold flavors and textures are a terrific combination of spices and tender, juicy mouthfuls. I am always on the lookout for make ahead recipes that feed a crowd and this Hatch Green Chili Pork Carnitas fits the bill. I set up a taco bar at my house the first time I made this recipe and arranged a variety of toppings to go on top. The tacos were a hit, and looking forward, I can’t wait to make this pork carnitas into enchiladas, quesadillas and nachos.
Simply start with a quality cut of pork and sear it in your Instant Pot. Saute your onions and garlic, return the pork to the Instant Pot and top with the remaining ingredients and let the Instant Pot do its job. Shred the pork and broil it in the oven and voila!
Searing the carnitas in the oven is an optional step, but just look above and see how AMAZINGLY crispy they are when you do!!
Looking for more recipes? Check out all of our Mexican Recipes here and all of our tacos here!Print
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 lbs pork butt – cut into large chunks
- 2 4-oz can diced green chiles
- ½ c lime juice
- 1 T ground cumin
- 1 1/2 t ground coriander
- 1 t ancho chili powder
- ½ t dried oregano
- Avocados, cilantro, radish and limes for garnish (optional)
- Set Instant Pot to saute, add pork butt and brown on all sides.
- Remove pork butt and set aside. Add olive oil, onions and garlic and saute until translucent, about 7 min.
- In a small bowl, combine hatch green chilis, lime juice, and all spices.
- Return pork to Instant Pot and pour the chili mixture on top.
- Set your Instant Pot to meat/ stew, or 45 minutes on manual.
- Remove pork from Instant Pot and shred using two forks.
- Lay shredded pork onto a sheet pan and cover with the sauce from the Instant Pot.
- Place sheet pan into oven and broil under high for 3 to 5 minutes until you begin to see brown, crispy bits.
- Garnish with avocado, cilantro, radish and limes and serve in a warm taco shell.
Want to save this Hatch Green Chili Pork Carnitas (Paleo + Whole30 + Keto) for later? Pin it here!