- 1 cup almond flour
- ¾ c cassava flour
- ¼ c coconut flour
- ¼ c coconut sugar + 1 T for topping
- ¾ t baking soda
- ½ t salt
- ½ c butter, cold (or ghee or coconut oil to keep it dairy free)
- 1 container (about ½ c) SO Delicious® Plain Coconut Yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1 T orange juice
- 1 t vanilla extract
- ½ c white chocolate chips
- ½ c dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a food processor, pulse together flours, ¼ c coconut sugar, baking soda, and salt. Add slices of cold butter (or ghee) and pulse until small balls start to form. It will not form a dough in this step.
- In a small bowl, whisk together SO Delicious® Plain Coconut Yogurt Alternative, egg, orange juice, and vanilla extract. Slowly pour this yogurt mixture into the processor, pulsing until dough just comes together, being careful not to overwork the dough. It will be very wet.
- Fold in the white chocolate chips, dried cranberries and orange zest.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured work surface (I prefer cassava flour here). Pat dough into a 1-inch-thick circle and cut like a pizza into 8 pieces. Place pieces about 2 inches apart on a greased or parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle the tops of the scones with remaining 1 T coconut sugar.
- Cook for 15 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through, or until golden brown and cooked completely through.
- Allow to cool, then remove from the baking sheet. You may use more SO Delicious® Vanilla Coconut Yogurt as icing on top – it’s delicious! Apply with a spoon or piping bag in a zig-zag pattern across each scone. Serve immediately. Enjoy!