I am confident that this Gluten Free Turkey Meatloaf Recipe is going to become a staple in your weekly meal rotation – it’s that good!
Always on the lookout to develop new, healthy, family friendly meals, I have been wanting to add a healthier meatloaf to my recipe collection and am so excited for you to try this.
I chose turkey because of its lower fat content and flavor. I also swapped the bread crumbs with coconut and almond flour so it would be grain free. I’ve added lots of fresh herbs which add tons of bright flavor and topped it with my homemade ketchup to lock in all the juiciness and add a creamy flavor bomb to each bite.
Serve with my Whole30 compliant mashed potatoes for a clean, delicious meal your family will love.
- 1 T ghee (or olive oil)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 T tomato paste or 1 T ketchup
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 lbs. ground organic turkey (not too lean- for best flavor)
- 1 large egg, whisk
- 1 T coconut aminos
- 2 T almond flour
- 2 T coconut flour
- 1 T chopped fresh parsley
- 1 T chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 t chopped fresh thyme
- 2 t chopped fresh rosemary
- Sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- Make ketchup and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Add ghee to saute pan over medium heat. Add onion and saute until translucent. Add garlic and saute 1 minute more. Stir in ketchup and coconut aminos and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine ground turkey and egg
- Add coconut and almond flours and fresh herbs to the turkey mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Fold turkey mixture onto parchment paper lined sheet pan and shape into loaf. Spread ¾ cup ketchup mixture over the top.
- Bake for 50 minutes (until internal temperature is 160)