- 1 T ghee (or olive oil)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 T tomato paste or 1 T ketchup
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 lbs. ground organic turkey (not too lean- for best flavor)
- 1 large egg, whisk
- 1 T coconut aminos
- 2 T almond flour
- 2 T coconut flour
- 1 T chopped fresh parsley
- 1 T chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 t chopped fresh thyme
- 2 t chopped fresh rosemary
- Sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- Make ketchup and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Add ghee to saute pan over medium heat. Add onion and saute until translucent. Add garlic and saute 1 minute more. Stir in ketchup and coconut aminos and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine ground turkey and egg
- Add coconut and almond flours and fresh herbs to the turkey mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Fold turkey mixture onto parchment paper lined sheet pan and shape into loaf. Spread ¾ cup ketchup mixture over the top.
- Bake for 50 minutes (until internal temperature is 160)