- 2 cups cassava flour
- ½ cup arrowroot starch
- 1 T xanthan gum
- 2 T coconut flour
- 3 T olive oil
- 1 packet yeast
- 1 ½ cup warm water
- 1 T sugar
- 1 T kosher salt
- 1 c hazelnuts
- 6 T Silk Original Coconutmilk
- ½ t cream of tartar
- ½ t salt
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 t nutritional yeast
- 1 c balsamic vinegar
- 1 T honey (or 1 T date syrup for Vegan)
- 1 c strawberries, sliced into ¼ in circles (about 8 strawberries)
- 2 T basil, cut into slices
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- For the pizza dough: start by adding warm water, yeast, and sugar to a small bowl. Let the yeast activate until its foamy, about 5 minutes.
- Add olive oil to this yeast mixture.
- Using a stand mixer, add the cassava flour, arrowroot starch, xanthan gum, coconut flour, and salt. Use a dough hook to fully combine these dry ingredients.
- Once the yeast mixture is foamy, slowly add it to the dry ingredients.
- Knead this mixture on medium speed until the dough is fully incorporated and is no longer sticking to the sides of the bowl.
- Turn the dough out onto parchment paper and roll with a rolling pin until it is ¼ inch thick. If you have a pizza stone, roll your dough into a circle. If you are going to use a traditional sheet pan, roll the dough into a rectangle. Either are perfectly fine.
- Use a fork to puncture the dough about halfway through to prevent pockets of bubbles. Start in the center and work your way out to about where the “crust” starts.
- Put your pizza crust in the oven for 10 minutes to precook.
- While your crust is in the oven, prepare your other ingredients. Add all hazelnut “ricotta” ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Made the balsamic reduction by adding the balsamic vinegar and honey to a small pot on medium heat. Continue cooking, stirring often, until it has thickened. Then turn off the heat and remove the pot from the burner.
- When the pizza crust is done precooking, remove it from the oven and spread the hazelnut “ricotta” all over, like you would a pizza sauce. Leave about ¾ in around the edges for the crust.
- Add the strawberry slices on top, and put back in the oven for 7 minutes.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and top with the balsamic reduction and basil. Slice and serve!