- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (or any type of vinegar you prefer)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 3/4 cup olive oil (NOT extra virgin- regular or light)
- 3/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- Place egg yolks in food processor.
- Add vinegar, lemon juice, salt, and mustard and mix briefly until combined.
- With the food processor on, add regular olive oil and avocado oil in a slow and steady stream and mix until it emulsifies and is the consistency of mayonnaise.
- Add dates but keep them somewhat chunky so the mayo doesn’t lose its emulsification.