- 12 ounces Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 12 ounces red potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 shallots, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into 2-in lengths, thick ends halved lengthwise
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (I used olive oil)
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 3/4 teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon sugar (I omitted)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 1/2 pounds bone-in chicken pieces (2 split breasts cut in half crosswise, 2 drumsticks, and 2 thighs), trimmed
- Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and heat oven to 475 degrees.
- Toss Brussels sprouts, potatoes, shallots, carrots, garlic, oil, 2 teaspoons thyme, 1 teaspoon rosemary, sugar, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper together in bowl.
- Combine melted butter, remaining 2 teaspoons thyme, remaining 1 teaspoon rosemary, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in second bowl.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
- Place vegetables in single layer on rimmed baking sheet, arranging Brussels sprouts in center.
- Place chicken, skin side up, on top of vegetables, arranging breast pieces in center and thighs and drumsticks around perimeter of sheet. Brush chicken with herb butter.
- Roast until breasts register 160 degrees and drumsticks/ thighs register 175 degrees, 35 to 40 minutes, rotating pan halfway through roasting.
- Remove sheet from oven, tent with aluminum foil, and let rest for 5 minutes. Transfer chicken to platter. Toss vegetables with pan juices, season with salt and pepper to taste, and transfer to platter. Serve.
*To make entirely Paleo, omit sugar, use olive oil in place of vegetable oil, and use ghee in place of butter.