- 2 egg yolks
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar (or any type of vinegar you prefer)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp dijon mustard (you can also use just regular mustard)
- 3/4 c olive oil (NOT extra virgin- regular or light)
- 3/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
- Separate the egg yolks (you won’t need the egg whites), and add them to a food processor.
- Next, add vinegar and mix briefly until combined.
- Add lemon juice, salt, mustard, and mix until it emulsifies and is the consistency of mayonnaise.
- Turn the food processor on and add the olive oil and extra virgin olive oil SUPER SLOWLY, but in a steady stream.
*Making homemade mayonnaise can be super tricky! Watch the video to see how it worked for me. If you add the oil too quickly, it *won’t* turn into mayonnaise. If for some reason your ingredients don’t emulsify, you can keep that entire mixture. Combine another batch of the first 5 ingredients, then use your first batch as the “oil mixture” and SLOWLY add. You can also mix by hand, but it just takes much longer!