These Paleo Molasses Cookies are gluten and grain free, dairy free, and refined sugar free, but you would never know! They’re perfectly moist with crackled tops!
- ¾ c butter, salted and at room temperature (or ghee)
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- ¼ c molasses
- ¾ c coconut sugar
- 1 ¼ c cassava flour
- ½ c almond flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda¼ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. ginger
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. cloves
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Place a sheet of parchment paper over your cookie sheet.
- In a mixing bowl, add ¾ c butter, 1 egg, 2 tsp. vanilla, ¼ c molasses, and ¾ c coconut sugar. Beat until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix together all of the remaining dry ingredients. Slowly add to the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Cover the dough and refrigerate for one hour. (See the notes below for a non-chilling method).
- Remove from the refrigerator. Pour about ½ c of coconut sugar into a bowl. Using a tablespoon, gather a heaping tablespoon for each cookie. Roll each cookie into a ball in your hands, then roll it around in the coconut sugar. Add each cookie to the cookie sheet about 2-3 inches apart. Your cookie sheet should hold 8 cookies.
- Bake for 11 minutes, or until the cookies have flattened and are cracked on top.
Ideally, you want to chill the dough. But I completely understand life and how you may not have time for all that. I tried this recipe without refrigeration, and it worked just fine with a little tweak. I put coconut sugar in my left hand, then I gathered a heaping tablespoon of dough in my right hand. I put the dough into my left hand, then sprinkled more coconut sugar on top. Now you can roll the cookie dough in your hand and again in the bowl of coconut sugar without it sticking! Baking instructions remain the same.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 11 min