- 2 lbs. ground organic turkey (not too lean- for best flavor)
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large egg, whisked
- 1 T coconut aminos
- 2 T almond flour
- 2 T coconut flour
- 1 T chopped fresh parsley
- 1 T chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 t chopped fresh thyme
- 2 t chopped fresh rosemary
- Sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- 3 T olive oil
- 1 box pasta of choice
- 1 jar Marinara Sauce
- Make the Turkey Meatballs: In a large bowl, add the ground turkey, onion, minced garlic, egg, coconut aminos, almond flour, coconut flour, chopped herbs, salt and pepper to taste and stir with a fork until well combined.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Grab a golf ball size of turkey mixture and roll between hands to form a ball. Lay the meatballs onto the sheet pan.
- Heat 2 T olive oil in a large dutch oven over medium heat. Working in batches, add meatballs and brown on all sides and cook through. Approx 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Return the meatballs to the dutch oven and add 1 jar of marinara sauce. Simmer on low while you cook the pasta.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil on the stove. Add a large pinch of salt and cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain the pasta and toss with 1 T olive oil.
- Serve the meatballs and sauce over the pasta. Garnish with fresh torn basil leaves.