- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 russet potatoes, chopped into ½ in cubes
- 1 (12 oz) bag frozen peas and carrots
- 1 cup green or brown lentils
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp coconut aminos
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- In a large pot or dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the diced onion and saute until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the minced garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute more.
- Add the diced celery and continue to saute until the celery is tender.
- Add the diced potatoes, lentils, Dijon mustard, coconut aminos, thyme and vegetable broth.
- Increase the heat and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After 30 minutes, add a bag of frozen peas and carrots and cook until heated through.
- Remove thyme sprigs and season to taste with salt and pepper.