- 2 lb sausage links, cut into ¼ in thick circles
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 large carrots, chopped
- 2 28 oz cans diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 T whole grain mustard (or any other Whole30 approved variety)
- Two bunches of kale, leaves removed from the stems and torn into pieces
- 8 cups beef broth (I prefer @barebonesbroth)
- salt to taste
- Cook sausage in a large soup pot for 7 minutes.
- Add the onion, garlic, and and carrots and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the 2 cans of tomatoes, whole grain mustard, and salt. Bring to a boil and simmer until carrots are cooked but still crisp, about 30 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and add the kale. It will wilt and cook slightly, but adding it at the end ensures it doesn’t overcook.