- 3 T ghee, unsalted
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 white onion, finely chopped
- 3 T lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 t fresh ginger (or dried)
- 1 t garam masala
- 1 t chili powder
- 1 t ground cumin
- 1/2 t cardamom
- 1/2 t turmeric
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 15 oz can (1 1/2 cup) tomato puree
- 1 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into pieces (about 4 chicken breasts)
- Heat ghee in your Chefman Stoneware on the stove over medium high heat. Sauté shallot and onion until translucent, about 7 min.
- Add lemon juice, garlic, ginger, garam masala, chili powder, cumin, cardamom, turmeric, and bay leaf. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add tomato sauce and coconut milk, and stir to combine.
- Add chicken and stir to coat. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours. Enjoy over rice or cauliflower rice.