I’m super pumped about this Paleo and Whole30 Butter Chicken Recipe, but before I tell you about that, I’m dying to tell you about my new Chefman Slow Cooker!
The Chefman slow cooker is different than any you’ve ever used before! It’s naturally nonstick and it’s the only Paleo Certified slow cooker. It’s made from natural stoneware, meaning it’s 100% natural and totally chemical free (swoon!).
What has proved to be most important to me are both its versatility and EASY clean up! It can go right on the stove (important for this recipe!), in the oven, AND in the dishwasher!
Click here to snag this amazing Chefman Slow Cooker on Amazon!
Now that you’re in love with the Chefman Slow Cooker, let’s move on to this delicious Butter Chicken Recipe!
The unique thing about this recipe is we’re using ghee in place of butter! It still gives it all of the flavor, but with none of the negative side effects of the proteins found in dairy.Print
Paleo + Whole30 Butter Chicken Recipe In a Chefman Slow Cooker
- 3 T ghee, unsalted
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 white onion, finely chopped
- 3 T lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 t fresh ginger (or dried)
- 1 t garam masala
- 1 t chili powder
- 1 t ground cumin
- 1/2 t cardamom
- 1/2 t turmeric
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 15 oz can (1 1/2 cup) tomato puree
- 1 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into pieces (about 4 chicken breasts)
- Heat ghee in your Chefman Stoneware on the stove over medium high heat. Sauté shallot and onion until translucent, about 7 min.
- Add lemon juice, garlic, ginger, garam masala, chili powder, cumin, cardamom, turmeric, and bay leaf. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add tomato sauce and coconut milk, and stir to combine.
- Add chicken and stir to coat. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours. Enjoy over rice or cauliflower rice.
Also be sure to check out my profile on the clubchefman site for this and other recipes I create for the Chefman Slow Cooker! Use the access code ‘OliveYouWhole’ to create an account!
This post was sponsored by Chefman! All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for allowing me to partner with amazing companies to provide you with free content!