4 medium sweet potatoes, diced in 1 in cubes
1/4 t salt
1 cup orange juice
1/2 cup pitted dates, about 12
1/4 c salted ghee, melted
1 T arrowroot starch
1 T red wine vinegar
1/2 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Option 1: Cook sweet potatoes in boiling water for 20 min.
- Option 2: Add 1 cup water and the steamer basket that came with your Instant Pot in the Instant Pot. Top with diced sweet potatoes, and manually set for 10 minutes.
- Drain the sweet potatoes and place in a 9×13 glass casserole dish. Sprinkle the salt on top.
- Make the sauce! Add orange juice and dates to the blender. Start on the lowest setting and work your way all the way to the highest setting. You want to blend them enough that the mixture is thick and you don’t see many more of the date skins left!
- Add the melted ghee, arrowroot starch, and red wine vinegar, and blend until combined.
- Pour this mixture evenly over the sweet potatoes. Top with pecan or walnut pieces (and mini marshmallows if you’re not doing a Whole30!).
- Bake for 20 minutes. Enjoy!