- ½ cup unsalted butter or ghee, softened (1 stick)
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup gluten free cornmeal
- ¾ cup cassava flour
- ½ cup arrowroot starch
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 medium jalapeños (divided)
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Line a muffin tin with paper or silicone liners
- Melt the butter and add to a medium size bowl. Add the honey, coconut sugar, and eggs. Whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cornmeal, cassava flour, arrowroot starch, salt, and baking soda.
- Fold in the almond milk, apple cider vinegar and 1 finely diced jalapeño to the wet mixture. Add dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Pour the mixture evenly into the muffin tin and top with a thin slice of jalapeño (optional).
- Bake for 18 – 22 minutes until tops are golden brown and a cake tester inserted comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool in the muffin tin for 5 minutes, then move to a cooling rack.