- 2 lbs Pork shoulder or butt
- ½ tsp ground mustard
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- Make the spice rub: In a small bowl, whisk together the ground mustard, onion powder, paprika, garlic powder, cayenne, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Trim excess fat from the pork and cut it into 4 even pieces.
- In a large bowl, add the pork and spice rub and toss to coat.
- Set your Instant Pot to saute setting and add 2 Tbs olive oil. Working in batches, brown all sides of each piece of pork.
- Once all pieces of pork are seared, set aside. Turn your Instant Pot off and add ½ cup chicken broth, scrape the bottom of the pot to loosen all brown bits.
- Add the remaining chicken broth and coconut aminos.
- Return the pork chunks to the Instant Pot. Secure the lid and check that the vent is set to seal. Cook on high pressure for 60 minutes. Let pressure release manually.
- Remove pork to a cutting board and shred using 2 forks.
- Allow to completely cool and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer to use for your favorite pulled pork recipes.