- 1 ⅓ cup quinoa (or cauliflower rice for grain-free)
- 4 cans chickpeas (or 1 bag dried)
- 1 pint container cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 cucumber, sliced into half moons
- 1 (8 oz) container olives of your choice, pitted and halved
- 1 (4 oz) container of feta, crumbled (or VioLife Feta for dairy free)
- 1 ½ cup olive oil
- ¾ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 T fresh parsley
- 1 T fresh oregano
- 1 T garlic, minced
- 1 T salt
- 1 t black pepper
- If using dried chickpeas, soak chickpeas the night before (skip if using canned beans).
- Cook the chickpeas (skip if using canned beans). Drain soaked chickpeas and add to a medium pot. Cover the chickpeas with water by 2 inches. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat slightly and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes for firmer beans, 40 to 50 minutes for softer beans
- Make the Greek Dressing. Add the ingredients for the dressing to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Cook the quinoa: rinse 1 1/3 cup quinoa in a fine mesh sleeve. Transfer the quinoa to a pot and add 2 ⅔ cup water or broth and ¼ t salt. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer uncovered until quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Assemble the bowls with the cooked quinoa, chickpeas, veggies, olives & feta, and top with the Greek Dressing.