This Mediterranean Bowls Recipe is the healthy, easy, throw together meal you need in your meal rotation! It’s bursting with flavor! It’s that time of year when the sweets and treats are flowing, and even though we aren’t attending holiday parties and events, we’ve still been indulging in homemade cookies, goodies and tasty bites. Goodness knows we all could use a little something sweet in our lives this year in particular. However, it’s always best to balance out the indulgences with something healthy and this Mediterranean Bowl does just that.
Filled with yummy and healthy mediterranean flavors, you can customize this bowl to fit your flavor profile. I love the traditional flavors of cucumber, kalamata olives, cherry tomatoes and olives, but feel free to add artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers, sun dried tomatoes or even shredded carrots. The possibilities are endless. This bowl is packed with nutrition- it’s gluten free, vegetarian, and packed with veggies and healthy fats. You can cook your own chickpeas or used canned.
How to make this a Vegan + Plant-Based Whole30 Recipe
You can make this a vegan + Plant-Based Whole30 recipe simply by replacing the quinoa with cauliflower rice and the feta with VioLife Just Like Feta vegan cheese.
If you’re looking for more healthy recipes, check out these delicious gluten free recipes.
- 1 ⅓ cup quinoa (or cauliflower rice for grain-free)
- 4 cans chickpeas (or 1 bag dried)
- 1 pint container cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 cucumber, sliced into half moons
- 1 (8 oz) container olives of your choice, pitted and halved
- 1 (4 oz) container of feta, crumbled (or VioLife Feta for dairy free)
- 1 ½ cup olive oil
- ¾ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 T fresh parsley
- 1 T fresh oregano
- 1 T garlic, minced
- 1 T salt
- 1 t black pepper
- If using dried chickpeas, soak chickpeas the night before (skip if using canned beans).
- Cook the chickpeas (skip if using canned beans). Drain soaked chickpeas and add to a medium pot. Cover the chickpeas with water by 2 inches. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat slightly and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes for firmer beans, 40 to 50 minutes for softer beans
- Make the Greek Dressing. Add the ingredients for the dressing to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Cook the quinoa: rinse 1 1/3 cup quinoa in a fine mesh sleeve. Transfer the quinoa to a pot and add 2 ⅔ cup water or broth and ¼ t salt. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer uncovered until quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Assemble the bowls with the cooked quinoa, chickpeas, veggies, olives & feta, and top with the Greek Dressing.
Want to save this Mediterranean BowlS Recipe for later? Pin it here!