Whether or not you like store bought mayonnaise, I think you should try to make homemade mayonnaise- it’s just a whole ‘nother world! This mayonnaise is sweet, tangy, and the delicious base for so many different southern salads like Honey Pecan Chicken Salad.
This is very similar to its normal, plain paleo mayonnaise counterpart, I just added some honey!Print
Paleo Sweet Honey Mayo
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar (or any type of vinegar you prefer)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp dijon mustard (you can also use just regular mustard)
- 1 1/2 c olive oil (NOT extra virgin- regular or light)
- 2 T honey
- Separate the egg yolks (you won’t need the egg whites), and add them to a food processor.
- Next, add vinegar and mix briefly until combined.
- Add lemon juice, salt, mustard, and regular olive oil and mix until it emulsifies and is the consistency of mayonnaise.
- Turn the food processor on and add the olive oil quickly but in a steady stream.
- Next, add honey and blend only until combined.
Sounds so good! How long might this keep in the fridge?
You know how Mayo stays creepily long in the fridge…? This does too 😉