This Vegan Strawberry Basil Balsamic Pizza Recipe is sponsored by Danone North America/ Silk®, but all thoughts, opinions, and the recipe are my own! Thank you for allowing me to work with brands I believe in to continue to bring you free recipes and content!
These certainly are crazy times that we are living in right now. I can confidently say that COVID-19 has affected every person I know in one way or another. I have really had to adjust my way of thinking in terms of planning what to eat and think outside of the box quite a bit. The silver lining is that we are all in this together and these situations can bring out new ideas and creativity that may not have appeared before. So why not put fruit on a pizza?
Trust me when I say that this Vegan Strawberry Basil Balsamic Pizza Recipe is SO yummy and fun that you will make it again and again. The pizza crust comes together easily in a stand mixer, and the hazelnut ricotta is something I’ve had in my head for years, and I’m glad I finally made it for this recipe!
Once you’ve baked your pizza crust, spread your “ricotta” across the crust and top with strawberries to bake a bit more. This “ricotta” is made with hazelnuts and Silk® Coconutmilk– yum! Once your pizza is out of the oven drizzle with the balsamic vinegar reduction and sprinkle with basil. The chewy crust, creamy ricotta, sweet strawberries and tangy balsamic all come together in a delicious bite that you will want to eat over and over!
I was able to gather all of these ingredients from my local Sprouts! Even the strawberries were perfectly ripe and absolutely delicious.
If Shakespeare wrote some of his greatest works during the plague, why can’t we come up with amazing recipes now?
- 2 cups cassava flour
- ½ cup arrowroot starch
- 1 T xanthan gum
- 2 T coconut flour
- 3 T olive oil
- 1 packet yeast
- 1 ½ cup warm water
- 1 T sugar
- 1 T kosher salt
- 1 c hazelnuts
- 6 T Silk Original Coconutmilk
- ½ t cream of tartar
- ½ t salt
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 t nutritional yeast
- 1 c balsamic vinegar
- 1 T honey (or 1 T date syrup for Vegan)
- 1 c strawberries, sliced into ¼ in circles (about 8 strawberries)
- 2 T basil, cut into slices
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- For the pizza dough: start by adding warm water, yeast, and sugar to a small bowl. Let the yeast activate until its foamy, about 5 minutes.
- Add olive oil to this yeast mixture.
- Using a stand mixer, add the cassava flour, arrowroot starch, xanthan gum, coconut flour, and salt. Use a dough hook to fully combine these dry ingredients.
- Once the yeast mixture is foamy, slowly add it to the dry ingredients.
- Knead this mixture on medium speed until the dough is fully incorporated and is no longer sticking to the sides of the bowl.
- Turn the dough out onto parchment paper and roll with a rolling pin until it is ¼ inch thick. If you have a pizza stone, roll your dough into a circle. If you are going to use a traditional sheet pan, roll the dough into a rectangle. Either are perfectly fine.
- Use a fork to puncture the dough about halfway through to prevent pockets of bubbles. Start in the center and work your way out to about where the “crust” starts.
- Put your pizza crust in the oven for 10 minutes to precook.
- While your crust is in the oven, prepare your other ingredients. Add all hazelnut “ricotta” ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Made the balsamic reduction by adding the balsamic vinegar and honey to a small pot on medium heat. Continue cooking, stirring often, until it has thickened. Then turn off the heat and remove the pot from the burner.
- When the pizza crust is done precooking, remove it from the oven and spread the hazelnut “ricotta” all over, like you would a pizza sauce. Leave about ¾ in around the edges for the crust.
- Add the strawberry slices on top, and put back in the oven for 7 minutes.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and top with the balsamic reduction and basil. Slice and serve!
Want to save this Vegan Strawberry Basil Balsamic Pizza for later? Pin it here!