Y’all. This Chocolate Dipped Bacon Wrapped Dates Recipe are NEXT. LEVEL. I am always on the lookout for delicious bite size snacks to serve when we have friends and family over for a meal. These Chocolate Dipped Bacon Wrapped Dates are ALWAYS a crowd pleaser and can be served any time of day. They go great with brunch, lunch and before (and after) dinner.
I was cracking up this past New Year’s Eve. I was throwing a party in our 4 day old, brand spanking new home. Our builder came over to check on something, and we got to talking. He asked me what I was making for the party, and I realized that literally EVERY single thing I was making was a Southern dish.
Sausage balls. Have you ever had sausage balls, Jim? Nope. Bacon wrapped dates dipped in chocolate… OK, the dipped in chocolate may be a bit out there, but you’ve had bacon wrapped dates, right, Jim? Nope. 🙂
Apparently, these delicious bites started in the South… but they quickly have taken the world by storm! I think they’re especially popular within the Whole30 community, because there’s almost no other combination quite like this sweet and salty bacon wrapped date situation. I know you may be thinking – ew! Chocolate and bacon!? But you’re just going to have to trust me on this one. It’s INSANE.
Looking for more appetizer recipes? Click here.Print
- Pitted Dates
- Semisweet chocolate (Enjoy Life brand)
- Flaky sea salt (Maldon)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Cut bacon strips in half.
- Wrap each date with a half piece of bacon and place onto a sheet pan, seam side down.
- Cook for 15 to 18, turning over halfway through cooking time.
- While bites are cooking, add chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl and microwave on low in 20 second intervals until chocolate is melted.
- Dip each bacon covered date into melted chocolate and lay onto a clean sheet pan/plate to cool. Sprinkle sea salt over chocolate before cooled.
Want to save this Chocolate Dipped Bacon Wrapped Dates Recipe for later? Pin it here!