Happy New Year Everyone! What a crazy start to the year! I don’t think there could be a better time for such a quick and easy dinner like this Dijon Chicken Thighs Sheet Pan Meal.
I think we’ve all been hoping for a fresh start and new beginnings in 2021… But with all the chaos in Washington DC, we’re just not seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I know my stress levels have been through the roof this past week.
When life gets super stressful, I need a nourishing meal that comes together quick and EASY. Sheet Pan Meals are the answer! What can be easier than throwing all my ingredients onto one pan to cook? And with the added benefit of a quick clean up. I mean this is the true definition of, “winner, winner, chicken dinner”!!
For those of you who are doing the January Whole30 this month (or at anytime) be sure to use a Whole30 compliant Dijon mustard (like Annie’s Naturals Organic Dijon Mustard).
If you’re looking for other quick and easy sheet pan meals, you will LOVE this Orange Harissa Sheet Pan Meal!Print
- 2 lbs (8) chicken thighs, bone-in + skin-on
- 1 cup sweet potato, peeled and cut to ½ inch cubes
- 1 cup butternut squash, peeled and cut to ½ inch cubes
- 1 cup brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 shallots, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- 1 T olive oil
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 2 T honey (remove for Whole30)
- 2 T olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ t salt
- ¼ t pepper
- Juice from ½ lemon
- Preheat the oven to 425° and line a sheet tray with aluminum foil.
- Make the sauce by adding all the sauce ingredients to a small bowl and whisk until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- Arrange the sweet potatoes, butternut squash and shallots on a sheet tray. Drizzle with 1 T olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Nestle the chicken thighs in between the vegetables on the sheet tray. Spoon the sauce over the chicken thighs and spread across the top.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove the sheet tray from the oven and add the Brussels sprouts. Return the sheet tray to the oven and bake for 10 minutes more until vegetables are tender and golden brown and the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°.
- Serve the chicken thighs with the roasted vegetables.
Want to save this Dijon Chicken Thighs Sheet Pan Meal for later? Pin it here!