This Paleo Barbacoa Beef Tacos recipe is going to knock your socks off! With the holidays and year end approaching, this is often one of the busiest times of the year. I am always on the lookout for fast, easy and comforting meals to pull together at meal time. Here in Denver we’ve been getting afternoons over 60 degrees, and that’s enough of an excuse for me to make tacos!
Barbacoa Beef is so flavorful and tender and the meat can be used for so many yummy dishes, such as, tacos, quesadillas, nachos, burritos and more. If you’ve been reading this blog for awhile, you know what I choose – TACOS, of course!
This Barbacoa Beef Taco recipe comes together so quick and easy using your Instant Pot. Simply season and then brown the beef, saute your onion and garlic, then throw everything back into the Instant Pot with the remaining ingredients, set it and go! Dinner will be ready in an hour!
To make these barbacoa beef tacos Whole30 compliant, simply serve them in lettuce cups and with your favorite toppings.
If you love this Paleo Barbacoa Beef Tacos recipe, you will also want to check out our other Mexican recipes and taco recipes.
Paleo Barbacoa Beef Tacos Recipe
- 3 lbs beef chuck roast, cut into large cubes
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 T tomato paste
- 1 T cumin
- 1 t chipotle powder
- 2 t oregano, dried or fresh
- 2 t salt
- ½ t ground cloves
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 grain-free tortillas (or lettuce cups for Whole30)
- 1 small white onion, diced (for garnish)
- 1 bunch cilantro, (for garish)
- avocados, sliced (for garnish)
- Turn the Instant Pot setting to saute. Season the beef with salt and pepper and add the beef chuck roast and brown the cubes on all sides
- Remove the beef and set aside. Add the olive oil and onion and saute until translucent. Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute more until fragrant.
- Add the tomato paste, cumin, chipotle powder, oregano, salt and cloves and stir until combined.
- Return the beef to the Instant Pot and add the apple cider vinegar, lime juice, orange juice, chicken stock and bay leaf.
- Seal the lid to the Instant Pot and cook on meat/stew setting for 45 minutes.
- Release the pressure on the Instant Pot manually.
- Remove beef from Instant Pot and place onto a cutting board. Once cool enough to handle, shred using 2 forks.
- Warm your tortillas as directed on the packaging and build your tacos with the barbacoa beef and toppings.
Want to save this Paleo Barbacoa Beef Tacos recipe for later? Pin it Here!