Yields 4 Servings
1 ¼ lbs. large raw wild caught shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 zucchini, sliced into half moons
1 yellow squash, sliced into half moons
1 pint cherry tomatoes
1 red bell pepper, large dice
1 red onion, large dice
1 ½ cups fresh corn
3 garlic cloves, minced
½ tsp red pepper flakes
½ tsp dried basil
½ tsp dried oregano
¼ tsp dried thyme
3 Tbsp olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 Tbsp parsley, minced for garnish (optional)
1 cup rice or cauliflower rice (optional)
- Cook the rice (optional). Add 1 cup rice, 2 cups water, 1 Tbsp olive oil and a large pinch of salt to a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then cover, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and leave covered for an additional 10 minutes.
- Preheat the grill or oven to 425°.
- Cut 4 pieces of heavy duty aluminum foil into 12×16 inch sheets.
- In a large bowl, combine zucchini, squash, cherry tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, corn, shrimp, olive oil and garlic. Toss to combine.
- Gently stir in red pepper flakes, basil, oregano, thyme and salt & pepper and toss to coat.
- Divide the shrimp and veggie mixture into 4 equal parts and line the shrimp mixture in the center of each sheet of foil and fold foil to form a sealed packet.
- Place on grill or onto a rack in the oven and cook for 15 to 20 minutes until shrimp is cooked through.
- Serve over rice and garnish with lemon juice and parsley
For Paleo and Grain Free Options: Replace Rice with Cauliflower Rice – cook using the instructions on the label.