- 1 T olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 6 tomatillos, outer skin removed
- 2 4-oz can diced green chiles
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 cups Chicken broth (1 box)
- 1 T ground cumin
- 1 1/2 t ground coriander
- 1 t ancho chili powder
- ½ t oregano
- 2 cups cashews
- Salt to tasteLimes, cilantro and avocado for topping
- Turn on Instant Pot to saute setting
- Add olive oil, onion and tomatillos and saute until onion is translucent and tomatillos begin to pop
- Add garlic, cumin, coriander, chili powder and oregano and saute for 1 minute more.
- Add chicken breasts, broth and green chilis to Instant Pot. Turn on the soup/stew setting and set the timer for 30 minutes.
- Release the vent manually. Remove the chicken breasts from the Instant Pot and place on a cutting board. Shred the chicken using two forks.
- Pour the mixture from the Instant Pot into a blender and blend until smooth. Be careful – the mixture will be hot!
- Return the mixture and chicken to the Instant Pot and add the cashews. Reseal the lid and let it sit on the keep warm setting for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve hot and garnish with cilantro, avocado and limes.