Another “You’re definitely from the South when….” kind of recipe for you! 😉 This Whole30 approved and Paleo Poppyseed Chicken Casserole Recipe might just be one of my favorite recipes I’ve ever created- I can’t wait for you to make it!
When you’re from the south, casseroles are just a staple of living. This poppyseed chicken casserole recipe is typically laden with creams and crackers, definitely not Whole30 Compliant!! So of course I had to make a compliant version! And before you ask, this delicious recipe IS compliant. I have triple checked.
So go ahead and make it and let me know what you think!!Print
Whole30 + Paleo Poppyseed Chicken Casserole Recipe
- 4 c frozen hashbrowns
- 4 c chicken stock
- 1/2 c arrowroot powder
- 1 T salt
- 3/4 c coconut cream
- 2 T gelatin
- 2 T poppy seeds
- 4 c cooked chicken, chopped
- 1/2 c ghee, melted
- 2 c almond flour
- 2 c sliced almonds
- 1 t salt
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a casserole dish, and put hashbrowns at the bottom. Cook for 25 minutes.
- While you’re cooking the hashbrowns, make the Cream of Chicken soup. Whisk the arrowroot powder and just 2 cups of the chicken stock together until no lumps remain.
- Add the remaining 2 c of chicken stock and the salt. Cook on high, stirring constantly, until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Add the 2 T gelatin and whisk until combined.
- Add the coconut cream and poppyseeds whisk to combine. Add the chicken to this mixture.
- Once the hashbrowns are done, pour the chicken mixture on top.
- Combine all topping ingredients and spread evenly on top.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until golden and bubbly on top.