When Lauren of The Rosewater Edit came to me with this brilliant idea, I was stoked!! She wanted to make a Paleo Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe because it’s always a hit at parties, and always chock full of things like cream cheese!
This Paleo Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe is going to knock your socks off! And you’ll be SO surprised at our secret ingredient that gives it that delicious creaminess…
…take your guess…
So not only are we removing cream cheese from the original recipe, but we’re adding in the protein, magnesium and monounsaturated fats that cashews are known for!
After we made this Paleo Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe together, I brought home the leftovers. My husband Chaz said jokingly “If Lauren has the other half of this recipe, we’re going to need to invest in some gear to break into their house and steal it!!” ?
…which of course I texted Lauren immediately and she responded “Haha you would be so disappointed because it’s all gone already!”
Yes, it’s that good.
This Paleo Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe satisfies so many different dietary needs: it’s Paleo, Whole30 Approved, dairy free, AND keto!
This recipe calls for Paleo Mayo. You can either make your own using this recipe, or here’s an entire summary of all of the Paleo Mayos out there you can choose from!
I can’t even describe to you how easy this recipe is! You basically throw all of the sauce ingredients in a blender, mix in chicken, and stick it in the oven! You’re going to make it over and over!
To keep it approved, you can use celery, carrots, homemade sweet potato chips, homemade potato wedges, or homemade plantain chips to dip! I even have dreams of loading baked potatoes with this dip! It’s that good that it could be an entire meal!
Whole30 + Paleo Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 6 Sweet Potatoes
- 10 oz cooked, shredded chicken (about 3 cups)
- 14 oz cashews, roasted and salted (plus more for topping, optional)
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp gelatin (If you don’t have this, you can make it without!)
- 1 cup Tessemae’s Buffalo Sauce …or more if you like it spicy!
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh chives, chopped (plus more for topping, optional)
- Water, if needed
- Preheat oven to 425. Poke each sweet potato with a fork a few times to allow steam to escape. Wrap Sweet potatoes in foil and cook on a baking sheet for 45 min-1 hour, depending on the size. Remove from the oven when the potatoes are soft when pierced with a fork.
- Blend cashews, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, full fat coconut milk, gelatin, Tessemae’s Buffalo Sauce, mayo and spices in a blender or food processor until smooth. If needed, add water 1 T at a time until smooth.
- In a large bowl, mix the buffalo sauce and shredded chicken. If you didn’t just cook and shred your chicken, you can add all ingredients to a pot and warm over low heat.
- Slice the baked sweet potatoes in half lengthwise and stuff with your buffalo chicken!
- Top with sliced green onions and salted cashews, optional.
- Tag posts of your dip with hashtag #buffalochickdip
Do you soak the cashews before using then?
I don’t!! Super easy peasy!!