First, make Mayonnaise with Thrive Algae Oil:
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar (or any vinegar)
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp dijon mustard (or regular mustard)
- 1 ½ C Thrive Algae Oil
For the Mexican Street Corn Salad:
- 1/4 c mayo (recipe above)
- 4 fresh ears of corn
- 1/2 c roasted pine nuts
- 1/4 c Coconut milk
- 1/2 t chili powder
- 1/4 t chipotle chili powder
- 1/4 t paprika
- 1/2 t garlic powder
- 1 T lime juice
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 c cilantro, chopped
- 1 T nutritional yeast
- Separate the egg yolks (you won’t need the egg whites), and add them to a food processor or blender.
- Next, add vinegar, lime juice, salt, and mustard, and mix briefly until combined.
- Add Thrive Algae Oil in a slow steady stream and mix until it emulsifies and is the consistency of mayonnaise. Set aside your mayonnaise.
- Remove the husks from the corn, and rub with Thrive Algae Oil. Throw on a grill and cook until cooked through and slightly charred. Alternatively, you can also cook them on a cast iron skillet. Wait until they cool enough to handle, then remove the corn from the ear. (You can also buy fire roasted corn frozen and thaw!)
- Add mayo and all other 10 ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Pour this sauce mixture over the cooled corn and mix gently to coat the corn. Top with cilantro and serve with lime wedges. Enjoy!