- 3 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes, julienne cut
- 1 batch french fry seasoning, below
- 1 t onion powder
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1 t salt
- 1/4 t cayenne pepper
- 1/4 t paprika
- Heat 1 T oil on medium heat in a cast iron skillet or pan. Add onion and cook until onions are slightly charred, about 10 min.
- Coat sweet potatoes in french fry seasoning in a medium bowl.
- Add sweet potatoes to the pan with the onions. Add the remaining 2 T olive oil. Stir to coat potatoes in oil. Add a lid that is wrapped in a dish towel to soak up moisture. This is essential in getting the potatoes crispy!
- Cook for 10 minutes on medium, then turn to high for 5 to slightly char the potatoes. Enjoy!