- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled, cubed and boiled or sautéed to soften them up a bit first
- sausage; about 1 and ½ lbs (you can use whatever protein you like: chicken or pork)
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 10 eggs
- 1 cup of almond milk
- ½ teaspoon of sage
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a glass 7×12 inch/ 3 quart Pyrex baking dish.
- Peel and cube the sweet potatoes.
- Heat about 2 tablespoons of oil over medium-high heat in a pan.
- Cook the meat until no longer pink, usually about 8 minutes.
- Saute chopped pepper and onion in the same pan as you used to cook the meat.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook until sausage is no longer pink and onions are translucent.
- Layer the sausage and onion on top of the sweet potatoes in the baking dish.
- Put the eggs, sage, and almond milk in a mixing bowl and mix thoroughly with whisk.
- Pour liquid mixture on top of the sausage and onions.
- Bake uncovered for 40-45 minutes.