Finding an eggless Whole30 breakfast can be tough. I hate eggs, but it’s a life goal of mine to love them!! For now, I will make up my own egg free breakfast options and share them all with you 🙂
Because we eat mostly paleo/Whole30 at home and I’m not the biggest fan of eggs, breakfasts are simple and on repeat in our house! Of all the recipes I’ve shared on this blog, this sweet potato hash is probably the one I make most often. I just LOVE sweet potato hash.
If you want to pair your sweet potato hash with protein for additional staying power, I recommend my homemade breakfast sausage!
Tip: I make this French Fry Seasoning in bulk so I can just add it whenever needed. It makes an easy recipe even easier! Enjoy!Print
- 3 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes, julienne cut
- 1 batch french fry seasoning, below
- 1 t onion powder
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1 t salt
- 1/4 t cayenne pepper
- 1/4 t paprika
- Heat 1 T oil on medium heat in a cast iron skillet or pan. Add onion and cook until onions are slightly charred, about 10 min.
- Coat sweet potatoes in french fry seasoning in a medium bowl.
- Add sweet potatoes to the pan with the onions. Add the remaining 2 T olive oil. Stir to coat potatoes in oil. Add a lid that is wrapped in a dish towel to soak up moisture. This is essential in getting the potatoes crispy!
- Cook for 10 minutes on medium, then turn to high for 5 to slightly char the potatoes. Enjoy!