You will absolutely LOVE this Shrimp Scampi Recipe that is Paleo, Dairy Free, AND Gluten Free! Shrimp Scampi is a flavorful dish found on most Italian restaurant menus. Everyone seems to have their favorite “Shrimp Scampi” memory at their favorite place. This dish is so easy to re-create at home and is an impressive crowd pleaser! Serve over your favorite gluten-free pasta, zoodles, rice or with a big chunk of crusty gluten-free bread and a big leafy green salad.
What is the origin of Shrimp Scampi?
Shrimp Scampi originated in Italy and was made with Scampi – Scampi are tiny, lobster-like crustaceans with pale pink shells (also called langoustines). When the dish came to America, American cooks replaced the Scampi with Shrimp but kept the name “Scampi” in the title as well.
This recipe comes together quick and easy, so be sure to have all your ingredients ready to go. For the shrimp we recommend buying wild caught large or extra large. You can buy shrimp frozen, but allow enough time for the shrimp to thaw so you can peel and devein them.
Cook your pasta or vegetable noodles and then quickly sauté your shrimp in a fragrant, garlicky, lemony sauce then toss it all together and serve.
For more healthy Italian recipes, click here!Print
Shrimp Scampi over Pasta
- 2 T Ghee
- 2 T EVOO
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup dry white wine or broth
- ¾ tsp salt
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 ¾ lb large shrimp, shelled & deveined
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- Juice from ½ lemon
- Pasta of choice – we recommend linguini
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
Cook Shrimp Scampi:
- Heat Ghee and EVOO in a large saute pan oven med/high heat.
- Add garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add white wine/broth, salt, red pepper flakes and freshly ground black pepper and bring to a simmer. Simmer and reduce mixture by half.
- Add shrimp and cook until they turn pink, about 2 to 4 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and parsley.
- Serve over pasta.
For Paleo: use broth instead of white wine and replace pasta noodles with spiralized vegetables (like Zoodles!) or use Capello’s pasta.
For Gluten Free: use gluten free pasta noodles.
For Grain Free: replace pasta noodles with spiralized vegetables, or use Capello’s pasta.
For Dairy Free: remove ghee and replace amount with olive oil.
Want to save this Shrimp Scampi recipe for later? Pin it Here!