Ever wondered what it takes to navigate the complex world of publishing a book? Join us for an insightful conversation with Taylor Hughes, an author, magician, and keynote speaker. Taylor takes us on a captivating journey from the highs and lows of self-publishing to the exhilarating realm of traditional publishing. His unique perspective and experience serve as a guide, offering a behind-the-scenes look at the publishing industry, along with some unexpected twists and turns.
Taylor’s insightful analysis of the differences between self-publishing and traditional publishing provides compelling reasons why the former might serve as a stepping stone to the latter. He also gives us the lowdown on why self-publishing might be the right fit for you, especially if you want to prove your concept before approaching traditional publishing houses. His tips on design, typesetting, and making your book stand out are invaluable. Plus, Taylor shares some tips for aspiring authors and those intrigued by the world of publishing. Don’t miss out on this captivating episode packed with wisdom, encouragement, and a sprinkle of magic!
Listen to the show, Self Publishing vs Traditional Publishing with Magician Taylor Hughes:
In this episode, you will hear:
- The world of publishing
- The challenges of self-publishing books
- Writer’s block and self-publishing strategies
- The magic of manipulation and misdirection
- Self-publishing vs. traditional publishing
- Publishing tips and encouragement for authors
Follow and Review
We’d love for you to follow us if you haven’t yet. Click that purple ‘+’ in the top right corner of your Apple Podcasts app. We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.
- Taylor Hughes’ Book “Road to Wonder”: https://amzn.to/3t17mL1 (affiliate)
- Taylor Hughes’ Book “Misdirection: A Magician’s Guide to Spotting and Avoiding Manipulation in Your Life” : https://amzn.to/3Rv7Fb9 (affiliate)
- Chasing Wonder and Public Speaking Tips with Taylor Hughes Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/olive-you-whole/id1594932917?i=1000555812045
- Taylor’s “Self Publishing Made Simple” Course – get it 100% off!!! – use the code OLIVEYOUWHOLE: https://www.learnwithtaylor.com/offers/pYFQHHsL?coupon_code=OLIVEYOUWHOLE
- Taylor’s Public Speaking Course – use the code OLIVEYOUWHOLE: https://www.learnwithtaylor.com/offers/AbZfQdLE?coupon_code=OLIVEYOUWHOLE
Similar Podcast Episodes:
If you like this podcast and are thinking of creating your own, consider talking to my producer, Emerald City Productions. They helped me grow and produce the podcast you are listening to right now. Find out more at https://emeraldcitypro.com Let them know I sent you.