Have you ever been captivated by a compelling book and wondered how the author did it? This week, let me take you behind the scenes of the writing and publishing process. With experiences ranging from my first cookbook ‘Prep Cook Freeze’ to my latest non-fiction project, I’ll share how I identified my book’s audience as well as planned and structured my writing effectively. Let’s also talk about tools that could make your writing journey easier – Scrivener, for instance, has been a game-changer for me. For our fiction aspirants, connect with authors in your genre and learn from their wisdom – I’ll tell you more about why this is crucial.
Venturing deeper, we’ll explore the worlds of traditional and self-publishing. I’ll share my experiences and insights into both, along with helpful strategies for conducting market research and bringing refreshing perspectives to a saturated market. Whether you are just starting out or a seasoned author, this episode promises to equip you with practical advice that could mold your publishing journey. So tune in, and let’s unravel the magic behind crafting a brilliant book together!
Listen to the show, How to Write a Book and Get it Published:
In this episode, you will hear:
- Learning from other authors to write fiction
- Identifying the right audience for your book
- My experience writing and publishing a cookbook and a non-fiction book
- Traditional vs. self-publishing
- Tips for how to get your book out quickly
Follow and Review
We’d love for you to follow us if you haven’t yet. Click that purple ‘+’ in the top right corner of your Apple Podcasts app. We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.
- 092: How Do You Find a Literary Agent? With Keely Boeving of WordServe Literary Group: https://www.oliveyouwhole.com/podcast/oyw092
- 093: Self Publishing vs Traditional Publishing with Magician Taylor Hughes: https://www.oliveyouwhole.com/podcast/oyw093
- Taylor’s “Self Publishing Made Simple” Course – get it 100% off!!! – use the code OLIVEYOUWHOLE: https://www.learnwithtaylor.com/offers/pYFQHHsL?coupon_code=OLIVEYOUWHOLE
Similar Podcast Episodes:
If you like this podcast and are thinking of creating your own, consider talking to my producer, Emerald City Productions. They helped me grow and produce the podcast you are listening to right now. Find out more at https://emeraldcitypro.com Let them know I sent you.