These Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Wings are knock your socks off good and so simple (and healthier!) to make using an air fryer. Using an air fryer is the absolute best way to cook chicken wings because they get SO CRISPY.
Whether your kids are back in school or are still learning remote, at some point in the day, they are going to come running to you with the phrase all mom’s have heard 10 million times, “Mom, I’m HUNGRY, what can I have to eat??” Snack time is a daily occurrence in our house. I love to feed my kids healthy homemade snacks as often as possible and BBQ Chicken Wings are always a hit! I love using my air fryer to cook wings as it cuts down on time and unhealthy cooking oils.
In 30 minutes, I have yummy BBQ Chicken Wings ready to go for all the hungry kiddos (and maybe myself and Chaz).
I’ve had my Ninja Air Fryer for 2 years and use it ALL the time. It’s such a healthier alternative to cooking in oil and you can cook beef, chicken, fish, vegetables and even bake a cake! Snag your Air Fryer on Amazon HERE.Print
- 2 lbs chicken wings or drumettes
- ¾ cup BBQ Sauce (get the recipe for my homemade BBQ Sauce here)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Make your BBQ sauce by combining all the sauce ingredients into a blender and blend on high until well combined. Set aside ¾ cup and store the remaining sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
- Set your air fryer to 360°. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and then place the chicken wings in the air fryer basket and cook for 12 minutes.
- Using tongs, flip the chicken wings over and cook for another 12 minutes.
- After time is up again, flip the chicken wings once more and then increase the temperature of the air fryer to 400°.
- Cook the chicken for an additional 6 minutes until the skin gets crispy.
- While the chicken wings are cooking, warm up ¾ cup of BBQ sauce on the stovetop or in the microwave.
- When the chicken is cooked, remove from the airfryer and place into a large bowl. Pour over the BBQ sauce and toss to coat. Serve with veggies and paleo ranch dipping sauce.
Want to save this Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Wings Recipe for later? Pin it Here!