These Oven Baked BBQ Chicken Wings make for the perfect game day finger food, healthy snack for the kiddos or a weeknight dinner. They seriously check ALL the boxes- this recipe is Paleo, Whole30, gluten free, dairy free, grain free, sugar free, keto AND low carb! Does it get any better than that?
I recently posted about cooking chicken wings in my air fryer, but also wanted to post an alternative method for those of you who don’t own an air fryer. Baking chicken wings in the oven is also a healthier way to cook chicken wings instead of frying them in unhealthy oils. I specifically love this method for oven baked bbq wings because it’s the best way to cook a TON of chicken wings all at one time. If you love crispy chicken wings, definitely check out my air fryer chicken wings recipe here!
Simply spread them across a baking sheet, season with salt and pepper and then bake them in the oven, only turning them once. The oven does the work for you and in 40 minutes or less, you’ve got tasty chicken wings smoothered in my homemade delicious BBQ sauce. Touchdown!
While the chicken wings are baking, blend up my homemade BBQ Sauce (get the recipe here) or simply use your favorite paleo/whole30 compliant store bought sauce (our favorite is Primal Kitchen BBQ sauce!).Print
- 2 lbs chicken wings or drumettes
- ¾ cup of my Paleo BBQ Sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375°.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Spread the chicken wings across the baking sheet and generously season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes, turning once.
- While they are baking, make your BBQ Sauce (get my homemade BBQ Sauce recipe here) and set aside ¾ cup. Store the remaining sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
- Once the wings have cooked, toss them with the BBQ sauce and bake them in the oven for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve with veggies and paleo ranch dipping sauce.
Serve these Oven Baked Chicken Wings with your favorite crunchy vegetables and dipping sauce.