This Individual Paleo Molten Chocolate Cakes Recipe is going to blow your mind! They are rich and delicious and a chocolate lover’s dream come true!
I held a chocolate themed cooking class in February, and for dessert, we made these delectable molten chocolate cakes and served them with raspberries. Let me say that even though we were all so full from dinner, not a single bite of cake was left on the plate!
This dessert comes together quick and easy. I used ramekins for each cake, but if you don’t have ramekins at home, you can use a muffin tin. No matter which dish you use, be sure to butter and flour them well so that the cakes slide right out. The goal is to have the outside of the cakes just baked enough to come out of the ramekins once baked and to hold in the gooey molten center until you cut in to the first bite. Cook them too long and you lose the gooey center, don’t cook them long enough and they will stick to the ramekins.
To make our molten chocolate cakes gluten-free, I used cassava flour and also used coconut sugar instead of refined sugar.
The key is to serve them warm (right out of the oven) to get the gooey molten chocolate center. Serve with berries, a dollop of whipped cream or ice cream or sprinkle with powdered sugar or a drizzle of chocolate sauce.
Individual Molten Chocolate Cakes with Raspberries
- ½ c unsalted butter or ghee, plus more for buttering the molds
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate baking bar, chopped into small pieces
- 4 large eggs (2 eggs + 2 egg yolks)
- ¾ c coconut sugar
- 2 t cassava flour, plus more for dusting the molds
- ¼ t vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Butter and flour 4 ramekins and set aside.
- Add the butter to a microwave safe bowl and melt in the microwave. Add chocolate to butter and stir until chocolate is melted.
- Crack eggs into a bowl and add sugar. Whisk until the egg & sugar mixture is light and thick.
- Add egg mixture to chocolate and add flour and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Divide the batter into the ramekins.
- Place ramekins onto a baking sheet and bake for 13 minutes. Remove from the oven and let sit for one minute.
- Turn ramekin upside down onto place and lift up ramekin – cake should slide out.
- Top with raspberries and serve.
Want to save this Individual Paleo Molten Chocolate Cakes recipe for later? Pin it here!