One of my favorite childhood baking recipes is Peanut Butter Cookies… Can we say YUM? Since peanut butter isn’t technically Paleo, and since most Paleo eaters commonly substitute almond butter in its place, here is a super easy (and delicious!) variation of the Peanut Butter Cookie… Paleo Almond Butter Cookies!
While of course these Paleo almond butter cookies don’t taste exactly the same as peanut butter cookies, they do a pretty darn good job of coming close… And honestly, they’re so tasty you won’t even think about what they’re trying to replicate- they’re so good as is!
So make these super yummy and easy paleo almond butter cookies and let me know how they turn out! Be sure to dip them in some almond milk or horchata, because, can one have too many almonds?? 🙂
- 1/2 c butter or ghee, at room temperature
- 1 c coconut sugar
- 1/2 c almond butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 t vanilla
- 1/2 c coconut flour
- 3/4 c cassava flour
- 3/4 t baking soda
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Beat the butter until creamy, then add the coconut sugar and continue to beat until fluffy. Then mix in the almond butter, egg, and vanilla and mix until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, mix together remaining dry ingredients (flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt).
- Slowly add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and blend until combined.
- Roll the dough into 2″ balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet. (I could personally immediately roll them without them being too sticky- if you’re having trouble, wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate until they’re ready to roll!)
- Make an X with your fork to give these cookies the classic look!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 9 minutes