You guys are going to LOVE these Whole30 + Paleo Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes…. NOM! I made them this week for some dear friends who came over, and everyone (including SIX kids) loved them!
Earlier this year, Lauren of The Rosewater Edit and I created this delicious Whole30 + Paleo Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe! She came to me with the idea, I whipped up the recipe, and it was a collaboration made in heaven! We kept it really clean, using cashews for that extra creaminess- it’s divine!
You know my mantra is that sauces and flavor are what MAKE a Whole30! When I first did a Whole30 in June of 2014, there were NO brands making Whole30 approved sauces. None.
Now I’m SO thankful for how much easier Whole30 is with approved, ready-made sauces from Tessemae’s!
I knew I had to try our delicious Whole30 + Paleo Buffalo Chicken recipe using Tessemae’s mild and hot buffalo sauces! YUM.
This recipe calls for Paleo Mayo. You can either make your own using this recipe, or here’s an entire summary of all of the Paleo Mayos you can choose from!
This buffalo chicken recipe is SO EASY. You basically throw all of the sauce ingredients in a blender, mix in chicken, and throw it all into some baked sweet potates! Your entire family is going to love this recipe, and I know you’re going to make it over and over!
You can get creative with the toppings- we’ve been topping them with green onions and extra roasted, salted cashews for some crunch!
Be sure to try Tessemae’s entire line of Whole30 approved sauces! You will LOVE them and they will save you so much time!
Whole30 + Paleo Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 6 Sweet Potatoes
- 10 oz cooked, shredded chicken (about 3 cups)
- 14 oz cashews, roasted and salted (plus more for topping, optional)
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp gelatin (If you don’t have this, you can make it without!)
- 1 cup Tessemae’s Buffalo Sauce …or more if you like it spicy!
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh chives, chopped (plus more for topping, optional)
- Water, if needed
- Preheat oven to 425. Poke each sweet potato with a fork a few times to allow steam to escape. Wrap Sweet potatoes in foil and cook on a baking sheet for 45 min-1 hour, depending on the size. Remove from the oven when the potatoes are soft when pierced with a fork.
- Blend cashews, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, full fat coconut milk, gelatin, Tessemae’s Buffalo Sauce, mayo and spices in a blender or food processor until smooth. If needed, add water 1 T at a time until smooth.
- In a large bowl, mix the buffalo sauce and shredded chicken. If you didn’t just cook and shred your chicken, you can add all ingredients to a pot and warm over low heat.
- Slice the baked sweet potatoes in half lengthwise and stuff with your buffalo chicken!
- Top with sliced green onions and salted cashews, optional.
- Tag posts of your dip with hashtag #buffalochickdip
Note: this recipe is not sponsored by Tessemae’s, but they are super generous and do send me sauces to try occasionally! Thanks Tessemae’s!