This Gluten Free Chocolate Yogurt Cake with Strawberry Coulis Recipe is sponsored by Danone North America/ SO Delicious®, but all thoughts, opinions, and the recipe are my own! Thank you for allowing me to work with brands I believe in to continue to bring you free recipes and content!
Developing new recipes often takes time and lots of trial and error… We often have to make a new recipe two or three times to get it just right (if not more!). We nailed this Gluten Free Chocolate Yogurt Cake with Strawberry Coulis Recipe the very first time we made it!! Honestly, I would have loved making it a few times in a row- it’s that good!
I absolutely LOVE this twist on a traditional chocolate cake! The SO Delicious Unsweetened Plain Coconutmilk Yogurt Alternative is the star of this recipe. It makes this cake SO moist and delicious!
To keep it gluten free, we used a mixture of my favorite grain free flours: cassava, almond, and coconut. The cocoa powder also acts as a “flour” of sorts in this recipe. To keep this recipe dairy free, we used SO Delicious Unsweetened Plain Coconutmilk Yogurt Alternative and ghee (or coconut oil). You’ll be surprised how absolutely rich this cake is!
Believe me when I say that this cake is just so good, that you will find excuses to make it again and again.Print
- ½ c cassava flour
- ¼ c almond flour
- ¼ c coconut flour
- ½ c unsweetened baking cocoa
- ½ t salt
- ¼ t baking soda
- 1 c coconut sugar
- ¾ c Danone SO Delicious Yogurt
- ½ c unsalted butter, ghee, or coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1½ t lemon juice
- 1 t vanilla extract
- ½ c semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 c strawberries, hulled
- ¼ c honey
- 1 t lemon juice
- Pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Coat a standard (8 1/2×4 1/4″) loaf pan with nonstick avocado oil spray.
- Whisk flours, cocoa, baking soda, and kosher salt in a medium bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together coconut sugar, yogurt, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and whisk to combine.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Bake until the top of the cake is golden brown and a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
- Let the cake cool in the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Invert onto rack; let cool completely.
- For the coulis: in a medium saucepan, add strawberries, honey, lemon juice and salt.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until the berries have dissolved and the mixture has condensed.
- Once mixture has reached desired consistency, remove from heat and cool.
- For a coulis – press the mixture through a fine mesh sieve to achieve a smooth, thin texture.
- Serve cake with coulis poured on top.
Want to save this Gluten Free Chocolate Yogurt Cake for later? Pin it here!